BMX track Papendal
The BMX track at Olympic Training Centre Papendal was built in 2011, going into the Olympic Games of London a copy of the Olympic track was created. Over the years several changes were made. For example, going into the Olympic Games of Rio de Janeiro 2016, the middle of the track was changed into the Olympic design.
In 2018 the UCI announced that Papendal’s bid for the World Championships in 2021 was approved. Therefore in a 5 meter starting ramp is being built and changes to the first straight were made, in order to make the track accessible to all riders.
Booking request BMX Track
There are possibilities to rent the Papendal track for training purposes (under certain conditions because of safety):
- BMX clubs or teams can rent the track @papendal for training purposes.
- There is no lighting present on / around the track.
- Costs are €355 for two hours (two hours is the minimum).
- A max. of 2 hours per day.
- A max. of 24 riders on the track.
- The user is responsible for sufficient technical supervision during the practice. There needs to be at least one person present with a first aid diploma. Coaches need to have a ‘BMX trainer-3’ licence or an internationally comparable trainers license (when using the 8m starting ramp, if only using the 5m starting ramp a ‘BMX trainer-2’ or comparable license is sufficient). All riders need to have a BMX license of a federation that is a member of the UCI.
- Use of the 8m starting ramp is forbidden for riders that have not yet reached the license age of 13 years old (UCI terminology: ‘Boys / Girls 13’).
- Coaches are responsible to make sure that the 8 meter starting ramp is only used by riders that have reached the license age of 13 years old and are proven capable of using the 8 meter ramp.
- No visitors allowed at the track. Only riders and coaches.
- Use of the track is at your own risk.
- The usage rules need to be respected, when using the BMX track the protocol ‘Usage BMX-Track’ of Olympic Training Centre Papendal is applicable.